License & Certifications
It’s important to know who you’re dealing with. At A Biomedical Service, we’re committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service and products while also protecting our employees and the environment for future generations to come.
What is R2 Certification?
It means A Biomedical Service meets global standards for responsible electronics recycling.
SERI is the governing body that issues the ANSI-Certified and EPA endorsed R2 Responsible Recycling certification. R2:2013 is the most current version in effect. It represents a global framework to improve the standards for electronics refurbishing and recycling. Accountability, ethical practices, and global responsibility are the cornerstones that make up this certification. In order to get R2 certified, we had to go through a rigorous 11-step process that included:
- Industry standard best-practices training modules
- Implementation of transparent accountability practices
- Understanding roles and responsibilities for employers and employees
- Obtaining our ISO 14001 certification
- Skill and competency standards for employees
- Creation of a documented and compliant R2 recycling management system
- Mandatory protocol training for employees
- Ongoing audit monitoring with a goal of constant improvement
Why is the R2v3 Standard Important?
Companies that meet the R2v3 standard are ANSI-Certified and EPA-Endorsed as responsible recyclers of electronics.
Humans generate a staggering amount of electronic waste every year. If we don't manage it responsibly, we're setting ourselves up for preventable environmental disasters. This applies to communities right now and future generations. A Biomedical Service strongly believes we have the mandate to be good stewards of the amazing world we're privileged to call home.
A Biomedical Service's ISO 14001:2015 Certification
Yes! A Biomedical Service is ISO 14001:2015 certified.
What is ISO 14001:2015?
It's a global standard that helps organizations manage assets in an environmentally responsible way.
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has established a global framework for successful Environmental Management Systems (EMS) that protects our environment. ISO 14001:2015 identifies the requirements needed for organizations to manage their assets in a streamlined, environmentally conscious way, while providing companies with critical feedback and data that can be leveraged for continuous improvement over time. In order to get ISO 14001:2015 certified, we had to:
- • Adopt the ISO 14001:2105 standard EMS
- • Identify non-compliant areas that need to be changed
- • Have our EMS pass inspection by a certified lead auditor
- • Continue to pass routine audits to keep our certification current
Why is ISO 14001:2015 Certification Important?
It helps us reduce our carbon footprint.
Our biggest objective is to reduce our carbon footprint and minimize the impact we have on the environment. How do we do this?
- • First, we use the fewest resources whenever possible.
- • Second, we work hard to educate our staff and customers about ways our actions impact the environment and how to create effective strategies to counteract those impacts.
- • Third, we actively seek out and adopt technologies that help our company, staff, and customers reduce their own individual environmental impacts.
What is ISO 45001?
It's an updated, globally recognized standard for managing health and safety issues in the workplace.
ISO 45001 is the evolution of OHSAS 18001. It gives businesses improved occupational health and safety performance and incorporates Annex SL. This updated standard offers increased compatibility and uniformity across certified organizations. This is an internationally recognized standard for managing health and safety issues in the workplace and provides a framework that helps us create policies and practices that protect our employees. Some of these standards include:
- • Hazard identification and risk management/mitigation
- • Transparent accountability practices
- • Understanding roles and responsibilities for employers and employees
- • Legal obligations of employers with respect to our employees
- • Skill and competency standards for employees
- • Mandatory safety training for employees
- • Establishing clear, open lines of communication between employees and employers
- • A culture of participation and consultation when dealing with health and workplace safety issues
- • Operational control standardization
- • Emergency preparedness and response plans and training
- • Ongoing performance monitoring with a goal of constant improvement
Why is ISO 45001 Certification Important?
It keeps our employees safe and reduces downtime due to accidents.
It’s important to us that our employees work in an environment designed to protect their health and safety. It must be responsive to potential problems should they arise. Our system ensures that if a health or safety issue occurs, our employees know how to respond to it correctly, and their input after any incident plays a critical role in improving our responses over time. Not only does this approach keep our people safe, but it also reduces costly downtime due to injury or mishap.
A Biomedical Service's ISO 9001:2015 Certification
Yes! A Biomedical Service is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
What is ISO 9001:2015 Certification?
ISO 9001:2015 is a globally-recognized standard for Quality Management Systems (QMS)
ISO 9001: 2015 is an independent and globally-recognized certification that deals with how a company handles quality control, management, records, and compliance. Companies that go through the process of getting an ISO are committed to operating at a higher level of excellence and accountability than uncertified businesses. They create and implement a Quality Management System (QMS) that defines critical processes, identifies waste and redundancies, and allows all employees to play an integral part in improving how things are done. A good QMS lets you deliver consistent outcomes and improve the overall quality of your service or product.
Why is ISO 9001:2015 Certification Important?
ISO 9001:2015 standards increase quality and reliability, while reducing waste and costs.
ISO 9001: 2015 certification means you can trust in the quality of our work. Businesses that earn the internationally recognized ISO 9001: 2015 certification have better quality control, improved customer satisfaction, and an optimized workflow that allows them to streamline their process, passing the savings on to their clients. Many clients prefer working with ISO 9001: 2015 certified companies because they know they can count on the results.