Alaris 8015 Infusion Pump Features
The Alaris 8015 PC Point-of-Care Unit (PCU) is the central core component of the popular Alaris System from CareFusion. It provides a common user interface for programming the various infusion and monitoring modules, which aids in reducing the complexity at the point of care. The Alaris 8015 is intended for adult, pediatric and neonatal care in the hospital and healthcare facility.
This PCU helps optimize infusion therapy and patient care by using the Guardrails software to measure IV formula data. The Alaris 8015 in connection with the other Alaris System modules allows you to customize your infusion delivery. Overall, this Alaris IV pump improves clinical practices and patient safety.
The color display communicates critical programming, infusion, monitoring, and hospital-defined policy information. The wireless network card provides wireless communication between the Alaris System, Alaris Server, and Mobile Systems Manager. Regarding the Alaris IV Pump system, Med One has an extensive in-house inventory to give you the best pricing, servicing, and integration options to fit your facility.
Alaris Infusion Pump Specifications
- Height: 8.8 In (22.4 cm)
- Width: 6.9 In (17.5 cm)
- Depth: 9 In (22.9 cm)
- Weight: 7.2 lbs (3.2 kg)
- Battery run time is a function of the number of modules attached and module activity. With a new, fully charged battery, the system operates as follows before a “BATTERY DISCHARGED” message occurs:
- 6 Hours: with one Pump module infusing at 25 mL/h
- 6 Hours: with one Pump module infusing at 25 mL/h and one Auto-ID module
- 3 Hours: with four Pump modules infusing at 25 mL/h
- 3 Hours: with four Pump modules infusing at 25 mL/h and one Auto-ID module
- 4.5 Hours: with one active SpO2 module
- 6 Hours: with one Syringe module or PCA module infusing at 5 mL/h
- 3 Hours: with four Syringe modules, or one PCA module and three Syringe modules, infusing at 5 mL/h
- 4 Hours: with one active EtCO2 module
Communication Data Port
- RS-232 with an RJ45 connector
- The System configuration/data set is stored in compact flash memory along with operating software.
- The events and error logs are stored in the onboard flash memory in the Alaris PC unit and modules. This is a nonvolatile memory and can be held indefinitely or until replaced with new data and not lost when power is turned off or the battery is in a weak/discharged state.
- Module-specific parameters are stored for 8 hours when the system is turned off. After 8 hours of continuous off-time, or if a module is detached, module-specific trend data (if applicable) and module-specific operating parameters are automatically purged. If a PCA, SpO2 or EtCO2 module is detached and replaced with another PCA, SpO2, or EtCO2 module, its module-specific trend data is purged.
- Memory will not be lost due to a weak/discharged battery as data is stored on flash memory as noted.
- Compact flash memory: Stores application software, audio wave files, DataSet, and hex files data for operating system software, all needed to operate the Alaris PC Unit System.
- On-board flash memory: Contains software needed to initially turn on the Alaris 8105 System. Stores boot software application, and events, errors and battery logs.
Alaris PC 8015 Modules
Alaris Pump Module Model 8100 / Alaris Syringe Module Model 8110
The Alaris Pump and Syringe Modules are intended for facilities that utilize infusion and/or syringe pumps for the delivery of fluids, medications, blood, and blood products using continuous or intermittent delivery through clinically acceptable routes of administration such as:
- Intravenous (IV)
- Intra-arterial (IA)
- Irrigation or Fluid Spaces
Please add the Alaris Pump Module Model 8100 or Alaris Syringe Module Model 8110 to your quote if you would like to add it to your order. Up to 4 pumps, or syringe pump modules can be connected to one PC Unit.
Alaris PCA Module Model 8120
The PCA Module is intended for facilities that utilize syringe pumps for the delivery of medications or fluids. The PCA Module 8120 is indicated for use on adults, pediatrics, and neonates for continuous or intermittent delivery through clinically acceptable routes of administration such as:
- Intravenous (IV)
Please add the Alaris PCA Module Model 8120 to your quote if you would like to add it to your order. Only one PCA Module can be connected to the Alaris PC Unit 8015 at a time.
Alaris SpO2 Model 8210
The Alaris SpO2 Module 8210 is used for continuous, noninvasive monitoring of functional oxygen saturation of arterial hemoglobin (SpO2) and pulse rate measured by a SpO2 sensor. The SpO2 module and accessories are indicated for use with an adult, pediatric and neonatal patients, and for patients who are well or poorly perfused in hospitals and hospital-type facilities.
Please add the Alaris SpO2 Model 8210 to your quote if you would like to add it to your order. Only 1 Alaris SpO2 8210 module can be attached to the PC Unit 8015 at one time. The Model 8210 is a Nellcor unit.
Alaris EtCO2 Module Model 8300
The EtCO2 8300 Module is a capnograph indicated for continuous, noninvasive monitoring of end-tidal carbon dioxide (EtCO2), fractional inspired carbon dioxide (FiCO2) and respiratory rate (RR). The EtCO2 module and disposables are indicated for use with intubated and non-intubated adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients. It is not intended for direct connection to a ventilator or breathing systems.
Please add the Alaris EtCO2 8300 Module to your quote if you would like to add it to your order. Only 1 EtCO2 Module can be connected to the Alaris system at a time.
Alaris Auto-ID Module Model 8600
In addition to the Auto-ID 8600 Module to the Alaris PC Unit 8015 combines Guardrails Suite MX with dose limit technology and car code technology to provide a new level of medication safety. The Alaris 8600 Auto-ID Module contains an internal bar code image scanner and supports an optional handheld scanner. Scanning a bar-coded clinician ID and/or a car-coded patient identification band automatically verifies the correct patient and associates the CQI event logs with the clinician and/or patient. In addition, using the scanner allows an IV solution to be automatically selected from the Drug Library.
Please add the Alaris Auto-ID Model 8600 to your quote if you would like to add it to your order. Scanned solution containers can be used for Pump, Syringe and PCA infusions. Only 1 Alaris Auto-ID module can be added to the PCU 8015, but it can be added as a fifth module.