The Philips HeartStart XL defibrillator and monitor is a lightweight rugged combination AED/manual device with both automated external defibrillator capabilities, as well as manual mode fo r more experienced users.
AED mode uses the HeartStart algorithm to analyze your patient's ECG and advise you whether or not to deliver a shock. Voice prompts easily guide you through the defibrillation process by providing clear instructions and critical patient information. Voice prompts are reinforced by messages that appear on the easy to read display.
Manual mode unlocks more advanced features like selectable energy (2 - 200 J), synchronized cardioversion, non-invasive pacing (optional), and SpO2 (optional).
Both AED and Manual mode use low-energy SMART Biphasic waveform for defibrillation to get the most use out of your batteries. The HeartStart XL is powered by an AC adaptor or via a rechargeable sealed lead-acid (SLA) battery, which can charge up to 200 Joules in less than three seconds.
- AED and Manual defibrillation modes
- Up to 100 min monitoring ECG, SPO2, CO2, pacing, NBP, and 50, 200 Joule discharges.
- SMART Biphasic waveform output
- ECG monitoring via pads and monitoring electrodes
- 55 mm strip chart printer
- Adjustable volume
- Adjustable ECG size
- Internal/External data storage options
- Synchronized cardioversion
- Rugged for patient transport and hospital use
- Audible and visible battery indicators let you know status of battery capacity
- AED/Manual Mode
- Selectable energy from 2 - 200 Joules
- ECG monitoring with 3- and 5-lead option
- Delivers up to 200 J in under 3 sec
- Lightweight, portable
- Voice and message prompts
- AED mode offers voice-prompt walk-through of the defibrillation process
- Adult and Pediatric pads available
- EL or LCD display options
Why choose A Biomedical Service as your Refurbishing Partner?
Beyond significant cost savings and a sound capital equipment investment strategy, A Biomedical Service believes your patients and medical staff deserve access to the highest quality, most reliable medical equipment. We're committed to delivering the level of excellence your facility needs to achieve its patient care and asset management goals.
We aren't simply your refurbishment company, we're your partners in managing capital equipment investment along every step of a piece of equipment's lifecycle.
Refurbished Equipment vs. Certified Used
What's the difference between a piece of used medical equipment that's been refurbished compared to one that's certified used?
Refurbished equipment and certified used equipment are both thoroughly cleaned and sterilized. Their sensitive data is properly disposed of and we make sure the equipment works the way the original manufacturer intended it to perform.
Refurbished Medical Equipment
A machine that's Refurbished goes through a rigorous process that takes each piece of equipment back to the original OEM specifications. Our in-house biomedical engineers are certified, experienced, and the best in the business.
Every item that needs to be restored is torn down to its component blocks, fully tested, and visually inspected. Using OEM parts, highly-trained Biomed engineers identify and replace components that have failed or are likely to fail. Think of it as a tuneup for used medical equipment.
If there's any damage to the case, it will be repainted or replaced. After reassembly, every unit is tested to make sure it meets stringent manufacturer requirements.
Certified Used Medical Equipment
Certified Used machines are also cleaned and sterilized. Their sensitive data is secured and legally disposed of. Our talented BMETs perform a series of thorough preventative maintenance procedures and test the units to make sure they meet OEM standards for operation. In this case, not all replacement parts may be OEM, however, the units will still reliably perform to original manufacturer specifications.
Need to sell your old medical equipment?A Biomedical Service is always looking to buy used or pre-owned medical equipment. We have a friendly, experienced purchasing department that would love to help walk you through the asset disposal process.
Our goal is to make the asset end-of-lifecycle process as painless as possible, get you the best price for your equipment, and help you dispose of unwanted medical equipment in an ecologically responsible way.
If you're interested in selling your used medical equipment to A Biomedical Service, contact us here or give us a call at +1-800-910-1422, Monday through Saturday, 8 AM - 6 PM PDT. We look forward to talking to you!
Refurbished & Used Certified with a Limited 1 year warranty
- Height: 7.5 in (19 cm)
- Width: 14.8 in (37.6 cm)
- Depth: 13.7 in (34.6 cm)
- Weight: 13.3 lbs (6 kg)
- AED Mode: For a wide range of users, in AED mode the HeartStart algorithm analyzes the patient's ECG and advises you whether or not to deliver a shock. Voice prompts easily guide you through the defibrillation process by providing clear instructions and critical patient information. Voice prompts are reinforced by messages that appear on the easy to read display.
- Manual Mode: In Manual Mode, the M4735A HeartStart turns control of the defibrillation process over to you, the professional. You assess the patient's ECG and select the appropriate energy settings for defibrillation as needed. Manual Mode also allows you to perform synchronized cardioversion and offers an optional noninvasive pacing feature.
- Printer: Thermal Array 50 mm strip chart printer
- Charge Delivery: Up to 200 Joules in less than 3 seconds via defibrillation pads
- Monitoring Capabilities: 3- and 5-Lead monitoring of patient ECG, SpO2, NBP, Arrhythmia monitoring
- Vital Signs: ECG (2.5, 5, 10, 20, 40 mm/mV), Noninvasive Blood Pressure (NBP), Heart Rate (15 - 300 bpm)
- SpO2 Monitoring (Optional): 0 - 100%, 30 - 300 bpm, Wavelength (500 - 1000 nm), Emitted Light Energy (less than or equal to 15 mW), Pulse Rate Accuracy (the greater of 2% or 1 bpm), Display Update Interval (less than or equal to 60 seconds), Resolution is 1%
- Noninvasive Pacing (Optional) (Optional): Monophasic Truncated Exponential Waveform, Demand or Fixed-rate Modes, Refractory Period (340 msec/30-80 ppm and 240 msec/90-180 ppm), Current Pulse Amplitude: 10 mA to 200 mA with 5 mA resolution, Current Pulse Accuracy: 10 mA - 50 mA + 5 mA, 50 mA - 200 mA + 10%, Rate of 30 ppm - 180 ppm in 10 ppm increments with accuracy of + 1.5%, Pulse Width is 20 ms with an accuracy of + 0, -5 ms
- SpO2/Pulse Oximetry with alarms
- Non-invasive pacing using a monophasic truncated exponential current waveform
- 5-Lead ECG monitoring cable, AAMI or IEC
- Output Energy Ranges (in Joules): 1 - 10, 15, 20, 30, 50, 70, 100, 120, 150, 120, 150, 200
- LCD: LCD-TFT Color Liquid Crystal Display, 4.3" x 3.3" (11.5 cm x 8.6 cm), 320 x 240 px resolution, 29 mm/s nominal sweep speed, 4 second viewing time.
- EL: Electroluminescent display, 4.5" x 3.4" (11.5 cm x 8.6 cm), 320 x 240 px resolution, 29 mm/s nominal sweep speed, 4 second viewing time.
- AC: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1.5 A
- Battery Type: 2.0 Ah, 12 V, rechargeable sealed lead-acid battery
- Battery Life Option 1: 100 minutes ECG monitoring or 50 full-energy discharges of 200 Joules
- Battery Life Option 2: 75 minutes ECG monitoring with pacing