The CareFusion Alaris 8015 PCU stands at the core of the modular Alaris patient monitoring system. It offers an intuitive user interface that spans the entire Alaris range for easy programming of infusions and patient monitoring, making point of care interactions easier, allowing your care providers to focus on patient care, not machine management.
The Alaris PCU 8015's uncluttered color display gives users easy access to critical information. Alarms, programming, infusion states, and patient monitoring data are color-coded for clear communication and available to users at a glance.
The Alaris PCU system uses a wireless network card to provide seamless communication between System Modules and the Alaris Systems Manager software, all of which are simple to integrate into your facility's existing network.
Fully supports wireless implementation of the Alaris Guardrails Medley system, helping reduce the chance of user errors. The Guardrails Suite MX software package is the most comprehensive safety software package available with powerful analytics that provides users a security net, double-checking doses, duration and rate of delivery and protecting patients during critical infusions, like chemotherapy.
Guardrails software also allows you to quickly convert patient data into meaningful information, allowing users to quickly identify opportunities for clinical and operational improvement
With Guardrails CQI Reporter, you have the ability to identify even the subtlest trends, measure the effectiveness of your IV formularies, and continuously optimize patient care for better outcomes
- PCA and Pump Syringe combined into one platform
- Common user interface across entire Alaris BD CareFusion line simplifies use and reduces opportunities for user-error
- SpO2 and EtCO2 monitoring modules available to allow the caregiver to automatically pause PCA infusions should patients fall below user-defined respiratory target levels
- Barcode data entry streamlines workflow and increases patient safety
- Wireless connectivity
- Powerful analytics
- Exceptional versatility
- Guardrails Medley software offers increased protection for IV safety
- Large color LCD display
- Primary and Secondary (piggyback) delivery options
- RS-232 communication data port with RJ45 connector
Why choose A Biomedical Service as your Refurbishing Partner?
Beyond significant cost savings and a sound capital equipment investment strategy, A Biomedical Service believes your patients and medical staff deserve access to the highest quality, most reliable medical equipment. We're committed to delivering the level of excellence your facility needs to achieve its patient care and asset management goals.
We aren't simply your refurbishment company, we're your partners in managing capital equipment investment along every step of a piece of equipment's lifecycle.
Refurbished Equipment vs. Certified Used
What's the difference between a piece of used medical equipment that's been refurbished compared to one that's certified used?
Refurbished equipment and certified used equipment are both thoroughly cleaned and sterilized. Their sensitive data is properly disposed of and we make sure the equipment works the way the original manufacturer intended it to perform.
Refurbished Medical Equipment
A machine that's Refurbished goes through a rigorous process that takes each piece of equipment back to the original OEM specifications. Our in-house biomedical engineers are certified, experienced, and the best in the business.
Every item that needs to be restored is torn down to its component blocks, fully tested, and visually inspected. Using OEM parts, highly-trained Biomed engineers identify and replace components that have failed or are likely to fail. Think of it as a tuneup for used medical equipment.
If there's any damage to the case, it will be repainted or replaced. After reassembly, every unit is tested to make sure it meets stringent manufacturer requirements.
Certified Used Medical Equipment
Certified Used machines are also cleaned and sterilized. Their sensitive data is secured and legally disposed of. Our talented BMETs perform a series of thorough preventative maintenance procedures and test the units to make sure they meet OEM standards for operation. In this case, not all replacement parts may be OEM, however, the units will still reliably perform to original manufacturer specifications.
Need to sell your old medical equipment?A Biomedical Service is always looking to buy used or pre-owned medical equipment. We have a friendly, experienced purchasing department that would love to help walk you through the asset disposal process.
Our goal is to make the asset end-of-lifecycle process as painless as possible, get you the best price for your equipment, and help you dispose of unwanted medical equipment in an ecologically responsible way.
If you're interested in selling your used medical equipment to A Biomedical Service, contact us here or give us a call at +1-800-910-1422, Monday through Saturday, 8 AM - 6 PM PDT. We look forward to talking to you!
Alaris Infusion Pump Specifications
- Height: 8.8 In (22.4 cm)
- Width: 6.9 In (17.5 cm)
- Depth: 9 In (22.9 cm)
- Weight: 7.2 lbs (3.2 kg)
- Battery run time is a function of the number of modules attached and module activity. With a new, fully charged battery, the system operates as follows before a “BATTERY DISCHARGED” message occurs:
- 6 Hours: with one Pump module infusing at 25 mL/h
- 6 Hours: with one Pump module infusing at 25 mL/h and one Auto-ID module
- 3 Hours: with four Pump modules infusing at 25 mL/h
- 3 Hours: with four Pump modules infusing at 25 mL/h and one Auto-ID module
- 4.5 Hours: with one active SpO2 module
- 6 Hours: with one Syringe module or PCA module infusing at 5 mL/h
- 3 Hours: with four Syringe modules, or one PCA module and three Syringe modules, infusing at 5 mL/h
- 4 Hours: with one active EtCO2 module
Communication Data Port
- RS-232 with an RJ45 connector
- The System configuration/data set is stored in compact flash memory along with operating software.
- The events and error logs are stored in the onboard flash memory in the Alaris PC unit and modules. This is a nonvolatile memory and can be held indefinitely or until replaced with new data and not lost when power is turned off or the battery is in a weak/discharged state.
- Module-specific parameters are stored for 8 hours when the system is turned off. After 8 hours of continuous off-time, or if a module is detached, module-specific trend data (if applicable) and module-specific operating parameters are automatically purged. If a PCA, SpO2 or EtCO2 module is detached and replaced with another PCA, SpO2, or EtCO2 module, its module-specific trend data is purged.
- Memory will not be lost due to a weak/discharged battery as data is stored on flash memory as noted.
- Compact flash memory: Stores application software, audio wave files, DataSet, and hex files data for operating system software, all needed to operate the Alaris PC Unit System.
- On-board flash memory: Contains software needed to initially turn on the Alaris 8105 System. Stores boot software application, and events, errors and battery logs.
Alaris PC 8015 Modules
Alaris Pump Module Model 8100 / Alaris Syringe Module Model 8110
The Alaris Pump and Syringe Modules are intended for facilities that utilize infusion and/or syringe pumps for the delivery of fluids, medications, blood, and blood products using continuous or intermittent delivery through clinically acceptable routes of administration such as:
- Intravenous (IV)
- Intra-arterial (IA)
- Irrigation or Fluid Spaces
Please add the Alaris Pump Module Model 8100 or Alaris Syringe Module Model 8110 to your quote if you would like to add it to your order. Up to 4 pumps, or syringe pump modules can be connected to one PC Unit.
Alaris PCA Module Model 8120
The PCA Module is intended for facilities that utilize syringe pumps for the delivery of medications or fluids. The PCA Module 8120 is indicated for use on adults, pediatrics, and neonates for continuous or intermittent delivery through clinically acceptable routes of administration such as:
- Intravenous (IV)
Please add the Alaris PCA Module Model 8120 to your quote if you would like to add it to your order. Only one PCA Module can be connected to the Alaris PC Unit 8015 at a time.
Alaris SpO2 Model 8210
The Alaris SpO2 Module 8210 is used for continuous, noninvasive monitoring of functional oxygen saturation of arterial hemoglobin (SpO2) and pulse rate measured by a SpO2 sensor. The SpO2 module and accessories are indicated for use with an adult, pediatric and neonatal patients, and for patients who are well or poorly perfused in hospitals and hospital-type facilities.
Please add the Alaris SpO2 Model 8210 to your quote if you would like to add it to your order. Only 1 Alaris SpO2 8210 module can be attached to the PC Unit 8015 at one time. The Model 8210 is a Nellcor unit.
Alaris EtCO2 Module Model 8300
The EtCO2 8300 Module is a capnograph indicated for continuous, noninvasive monitoring of end-tidal carbon dioxide (EtCO2), fractional inspired carbon dioxide (FiCO2) and respiratory rate (RR). The EtCO2 module and disposables are indicated for use with intubated and non-intubated adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients. It is not intended for direct connection to a ventilator or breathing systems.
Please add the Alaris EtCO2 8300 Module to your quote if you would like to add it to your order. Only 1 EtCO2 Module can be connected to the Alaris system at a time.
Alaris Auto-ID Module Model 8600
In addition to the Auto-ID 8600 Module to the Alaris PC Unit 8015 combines Guardrails Suite MX with dose limit technology and car code technology to provide a new level of medication safety. The Alaris 8600 Auto-ID Module contains an internal bar code image scanner and supports an optional handheld scanner. Scanning a bar-coded clinician ID and/or a car-coded patient identification band automatically verifies the correct patient and associates the CQI event logs with the clinician and/or patient. In addition, using the scanner allows an IV solution to be automatically selected from the Drug Library.
Please add the Alaris Auto-ID Model 8600 to your quote if you would like to add it to your order. Scanned solution containers can be used for Pump, Syringe and PCA infusions. Only 1 Alaris Auto-ID module can be added to the PCU 8015, but it can be added as a fifth module.