The Alaris CareFusion IMED Gemini PC-4 is a powerfully versatile four-channel volumetric infusion pump and controller unit which allows for independent and accurate automatic infusion of fluids, intravascular drugs, whole blood, and packed red blood cells.
This system offers the flexibility of piggybacked secondary fluid delivery that is independent of primary infusion parameters and will automatically change over to your primary infusion parameters when complete.
The IMED Gemini PC-4 can be operated in three different modes, giving you ultimate control:
Independent Operation: A standalone unit with no computer interface
Monitor Operation: The PC-4 controls the infusion process while a host computer monitors the unit's operation
Computer Control Operation: The PC-4 is controlled by a host computer which sets infusion parameters and also monitors the unit's operation
Alaris Imed Gemini PC-4 Infusion Pump Features:
- Accurate, reliable volumetric infusion of a range of fluids
- Easy touchswitch operation
- Generously sized programming screen is easy to read
- Color-coded title bars on the screen help users easily find information, such as green is a clinical advisory, yellow is a Guardrails alert, and red is an alarm
- Up to four infusion modules per unit
- Advanced programming options for each channel
- User-input volume to be infused (VTBI) and duration (infusion time) automatically calculates flow rate
- Delayed start function allows user to preprogram an infusion to begin up to 23 hours 59 minutes later
- Multidosing option lets users preprogram up to 24 infusions with the same rate and volume to be infused (VTBI) over a 24 hour period
- Care provider can use advanced drug calculation feature to enter either the desired drug dose or the desired flow rate and unit will calculate the correct course of therapy
- User-selectable occlusion pressure limits
- Dynamic pressure display shows in-line operating pressures
- Pressure history shows previous two hours of average pressure measurements in two-minute increments
Why choose A Biomedical Service as your Refurbishing Partner?
Beyond significant cost savings and a sound capital equipment investment strategy, A Biomedical Service believes your patients and medical staff deserve access to the highest quality, most reliable medical equipment. We're committed to delivering the level of excellence your facility needs to achieve its patient care and asset management goals.
We aren't simply your refurbishment company, we're your partners in managing capital equipment investment along every step of a piece of equipment's lifecycle.
Refurbished Equipment vs. Certified Used
What's the difference between a piece of used medical equipment that's been refurbished compared to one that's certified used?
Refurbished equipment and certified used equipment are both thoroughly cleaned and sterilized. Their sensitive data is properly disposed of and we make sure the equipment works the way the original manufacturer intended it to perform.
Refurbished Medical Equipment
A machine that's Refurbished goes through a rigorous process that takes each piece of equipment back to the original OEM specifications. Our in-house biomedical engineers are certified, experienced, and the best in the business.
Every item that needs to be restored is torn down to its component blocks, fully tested, and visually inspected. Using OEM parts, highly-trained Biomed engineers identify and replace components that have failed or are likely to fail. Think of it as a tuneup for used medical equipment.
If there's any damage to the case, it will be repainted or replaced. After reassembly, every unit is tested to make sure it meets stringent manufacturer requirements.
Certified Used Medical Equipment
Certified Used machines are also cleaned and sterilized. Their sensitive data is secured and legally disposed of. Our talented BMETs perform a series of thorough preventative maintenance procedures and test the units to make sure they meet OEM standards for operation. In this case, not all replacement parts may be OEM, however, the units will still reliably perform to original manufacturer specifications.
Need to sell your old medical equipment?
A Biomedical Service is always looking to buy used or pre-owned medical equipment. We have a friendly, experienced purchasing department that would love to help walk you through the asset disposal process.
Our goal is to make the asset end-of-lifecycle process as painless as possible, get you the best price for your equipment, and help you dispose of unwanted medical equipment in an ecologically responsible way.
If you're interested in selling your used medical equipment to A Biomedical Service, contact us here or give us a call at +1-800-910-1422, Monday through Saturday, 8 AM - 6 PM PDT. We look forward to talking to you!
Refurbished & Used Certified with a Limited 1 year warranty
Operating Principle: Linear peristalsis
- Height: 12 in (30.5 cm)
- Width: 14.75 in (37.5 cm)
- Depth: 7.5 in (19 cm)
- Weight: 26.5 lbs (12 kg)
- Independent Operation: A standalone unit with no computer interface.
- Monitor Operation: The PC-4 controls the infusion process, while a host computer monitors the unit's operation.
- Computer Control Operation: The PC-4 is controlled by a host computer which sets infusion parameters and also monitors the unit's operation.
RATES AND PROGRAMMABLE VARIABLES
- Rate Selections: 0.1 - 999 mL/hr
- Volume-To-Be-Infused (VTBI): 0.1 - 9999 mL
- KVO (Keep Vein Open) Rate: 1 mL/hr if set rate is 1 mL/hr or greater, or set rate if rate is less than 1 mL/hr
DISPLAYS & HISTORY
- LED: Large, easy to read LED display show current time window, status bar, data entry window, and prompt line window
- LCD: 2 LCD displays show rate channel information
- History: Pressure history shows previous two hours of average pressure measurements in two-minute increments
ALARMS AND ADVISORIES
- Alarms: Check ECD, Check IV set, Door open, Restart channel, Air-in-line, Occlusion - Patient side, Occlusion, Partial occlusion - Fluid side, Occlusion - Fluid side, "Flo-Stop" Open/Close door, Battery discharged
- Advisories: Infusion complete - KVO, Empty container - KVO, Multidose complete, Delayed start complete, Low battery, Maintenance mode, Replace battery, Pause, Paused, Powering down in x seconds, Panel/Keypad locked, Panel/Keypad unlocked, Low flow, Start = xx:xx, Secondary, Dose N = xx:xx, Anesthesia mode - pause
- Power Requirement: 90 - 130 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 10 W, fused at 0.4 A, 3-wire, single phase
- Battery:. Rechargable battery good for 4 hours when all four channels are infusing a primary infusion at 125 mL/hr. Recharges when plugged into VAC source.
- Operating Temperatures: 41° to 104° F (5° to 40° C) ambient temperature
- Storage Temperatures: -22° - 158° F (-30° - 70° C) ambient temperature
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 95% noncondensing