The CareFusion Alaris BD Medley 8110 syringe infusion pump is designed to be used in a wide range of fluid delivery applications, including intravenous (IV), subcutaneous, epidural, intra-arterial (IA), enteral, or irrigation of fluid spaces for medications, general fluids, or blood and blood products.
This unit is indicated for adults, pediatrics, and neonates. Up to four pump/syringe modules can be connected to the Alaris System simultaneously. The Alaris CareFusion BD Medley 8110 syringe pump combines the precision and flexibility of the Alaris system with the added protection of the Guardrails Suite MX software, helping your staff ensure patients receive the correct delivery rate and dosage amount of their medication or fluids.
- Guardrails Suite MX safety software
- Part of the Alaris Medley Point of Care system
- Use with adults, pediatrics, and neonates
- Parallel infusions are not contraindicated
- Auto Pressure option automatically decreases time to alarm, accurately monitors in-line pressure, reduces delay on infusion startup, and decreases inadvertent bolus following occlusion release
- Automatically detects syringe size and narrows down syringe selection list to avoid user error
- Delay start of infusion for up to 120 minutes or a specific time within 23 hours and 59 minutes before programmed start
- Drug Calculation Mode lets you enter drug dose or flow rate and unit will calculate safe accurate dosing
- Can choose Bolus Mode in conjunction with Guardrails Drug Library or use integrated drug calculation features
- Continuous infusion option
- Front-loading syringes offer unobstructed view vs. side-loading units
- Easy to read LCD display
- Can be used with anesthesia
- Audible and visible alarms
- Lightweight and easy to transport at only 4.5 lbs
- Plunger drive head is protected with extended handle feature
Why choose A Biomedical Service as your Refurbishing Partner?
Beyond significant cost savings and a sound capital equipment investment strategy, A Biomedical Service believes your patients and medical staff deserve access to the highest quality, most reliable medical equipment. We're committed to delivering the level of excellence your facility needs to achieve its patient care and asset management goals.
We aren't simply your refurbishment company, we're your partners in managing capital equipment investment along every step of a piece of equipment's lifecycle.
Refurbished Equipment vs. Certified Used
What's the difference between a piece of used medical equipment that's been refurbished compared to one that's certified used?
Refurbished equipment and certified used equipment are both thoroughly cleaned and sterilized. Their sensitive data is properly disposed of and we make sure the equipment works the way the original manufacturer intended it to perform.
Refurbished Medical Equipment
A machine that's Refurbished goes through a rigorous process that takes each piece of equipment back to the original OEM specifications. Our in-house biomedical engineers are certified, experienced, and the best in the business.
Every item that needs to be restored is torn down to its component blocks, fully tested, and visually inspected. Using OEM parts, highly-trained Biomed engineers identify and replace components that have failed or are likely to fail. Think of it as a tuneup for used medical equipment.
If there's any damage to the case, it will be repainted or replaced. After reassembly, every unit is tested to make sure it meets stringent manufacturer requirements.
Certified Used Medical Equipment
Certified Used machines are also cleaned and sterilized. Their sensitive data is secured and legally disposed of. Our talented BMETs perform a series of thorough preventative maintenance procedures and test the units to make sure they meet OEM standards for operation. In this case, not all replacement parts may be OEM, however, the units will still reliably perform to original manufacturer specifications.
Need to sell your old medical equipment?A Biomedical Service is always looking to buy used or pre-owned medical equipment. We have a friendly, experienced purchasing department that would love to help walk you through the asset disposal process.
Our goal is to make the asset end-of-lifecycle process as painless as possible, get you the best price for your equipment, and help you dispose of unwanted medical equipment in an ecologically responsible way.
If you're interested in selling your used medical equipment to A Biomedical Service, contact us here or give us a call at +1-800-910-1422, Monday through Saturday, 8 AM - 6 PM PDT. We look forward to talking to you!
Carefusion Alaris BD 8110 Specifications
Bolus Volume, Maximum after Occlusion
Without Pressure Sensing Disc
- Pressure Setting Low: 0.512 Bolus Volume (mL)
- Pressure Setting Medium: 0.776 Bolus Volume (mL)
- Pressure Setting High: 1.103 Bolus Volume (mL)
With Pressure Sensing Disc
- Pressure Setting 300 mmHg: Back Off Disabled: 0.462; Back Off Enabled: 0.126
- Pressure Setting 500 mmHg: Back Off Disabled: 0.575; Back Off Enabled: 0.331
- Pressure Setting 1000 mmHg: Back Off Disabled: 0.839; Back Off Enabled: 0.323
- Maximum over-infusion which can occur in the event of a single-fault condition will not exceed 2% of nominal syringe fill volume during loading and 1% of maximum syringe travel after syringe loading.
Flow Rate Range
- 0.01-9.99 ml/hr in 0.01 ml increments
- 10-99.9 ml/hr in 0.1 ml increments
- 100-999 ml/hr in 1 ml increments
- Width: 4.5"
- Height: 15"
- Depth: 7.5"
- Weight: 4.5 Lbs.